You cutting-edge, creative restaurant marketers are seeing the increasing number of headlines about Apple’s iBeacon technology getting a foothold in retailers, and imagine how it could work in your restaurant SOMEHOW, aren’t you?
Here’s our roundup of carefully selected restaurant marketing news and ideas for this week. Enjoy!
- A valuable case study in how social media can generate positive, creative publicity for your brand. In this case, Applebee’s wins.
- Great restaurant marketing tips for the new year from FohBoh. I particularly like the first one, recommending you begin a social media strategy…a subject near and dear to my heart.
- Great text-based interview with Jake Cohen over at FastCasual.com. He’s a co-founder of Privy, discussing how restaurants can leverage digital platforms to run their marketing. And we don’t just mean “email” when we say “digital”.
- Texas Roadhouse is using digital to not only market better and smarter, but to engage its staff. hat tip to Hospitality Technology for this article.
- Breakdown on the new loyalty program launched by Caribou Coffee. The program is powered by Givex.
- 10 restaurants using Twitter’s Vine and its 6-second video platform creatively. Great finds by Aaron Allen.
- Court rules Yelp must reveal identity of its reviewers (at least in one case). Excitement follows from restaurant owners and operators…