There’s a reason we’re all addicted to the restaurant industry: it’s the people. And hold your horses here now — don’t go thinking I mean Brandon and Randy. We don’t think we’re all that.
In this episode of Table Touch, we kick around the latest Apple announcements, Apple Pay in particular.
Unless you’re living under a rock, with earmuffs on and a down quilt over your head, Apple made a series of product and service announcements last week: the Apple 6, the Apple 6 Plus, Apple Pay, Apple Watch. All fun stuff.
Sorry for the spotty audio quality on Brandon’s mic. It’s all sorted out and we’ll be golden for episode 4.
But wait, there’s more!
More About This Episode
- More important than even the Apple announcements, we bring on our first of many, many fun and interesting restaurant industry leaders: Laura Cissel, Vice President of Marketing with California Tortilla, an award-winning brand based in Maryland.
- Randy declares himself one of the greatest Mexicans of all time. Wait…what?
- We talk about Olive Garden’s $100 pasta-for-7-weeks campaign.
And we play a big game of Fact or Fiction, where Brandon shares 5 restaurant industry headlines that all SOUND factual — but only three fit the bill. Think you know your restaurant news, then give this show a listen and see how Laura and Randy fare.
Here are the questions we asked Laura in our Fact or Fiction episode:
- Story #1: Restaurant owner writes scathing Facebook post after Philadelphia Eagles player leaves a 20-cent tip. Fact or fiction?
- Story #2: Restaurant Scene: Chick’n Bubbly ushers in crispy concept with its Korean-style fried chicken. Fact or fiction?
- Story #3: Arby’s launches “Meet Our Meat!” all-you-can-eat campaign. Fact or fiction?
- Story #4: Surprise winner at Guam Restaurant Association Annual Awards: a seafood restaurant. Fact or fiction?
- Story #5: Ketchup ban at Florida restaurant sparks national food debate. Fact or fiction?
Love Table Touch?
We’re just getting started with the newest restaurant podcast out there and want to have a ton of fun with this. A long list of outstanding restaurant leaders are lined up for future episodes — so subscribe or hop on board the mailing list (to the right) and we’ll let you know about each episode.